Thursday 11 April 2013

Why the heck am I here?

Good question! There so many reasons why I'm here, doing this. I know how the average Sullivan Heights student sees gym class, the easy class, chill block, something that they can achieve a good grade in if they have the athletic skills. Most girls don't enjoy P.E. as well because intimidation can be so prominent, and they don't feel that they can ever be good enough. I can definitely say I used to be a student like that, with those values, until last year when I actually let myself learn why we have physical education. It's sustaining a healthier life throughout the years inside and outside of school not because you have to, but because you want to. Positivity is key, I just wish that people realized that because it could change the way they view all of their classes. If you are having a great time during a game or doing fitness, chances are the people around you are too!  It's kind of like spreading smiles, instead of gossip. Now I know that I don't get 10 on the beep test, and I'm totally not an athlete.  I want to make students see that I'm not just here for myself, you know? I'm here for them because I want to encourage them and turn their thinking around. Gym class should not be scary or dominating. It should be positive and create relationships not just with others, but also with yourself.  Energy can make or break a class.  If you have negative energy in a class it will spread like destructive wildfire. But if you encourage a positive atmosphere, people will come together and be able to put the negative flames out.  If you ask people who have been out of school for a while their impression left by a PE class, it will either be a resounding positive or negative impression. I wish to leave a positive impact for those in my classes, and that is why I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. We had an awesome year with you Alyssa and good luck with grade 12 and many years to come

    ReplyDelete